Health Insurance Plans Outside the Marketplace
Health Insurance Plans Outside the Marketplace do exist!
Many of you are probably in the same situation that I am in, Opening the mail and reviewing a letter from my health insurance provider telling me that my Health coverage is going up by over 60% for 2017!
Family Health Insurance
My wife and children were paying $980 dollars a monthTo find out that our insurance is going to be $1588 dollars a month next year, well I guess I got my change!
I called the insurance company asking if there was a mistake and come to find out there was, they really wanted to charge more…ha ha
So I want to search for an alternative to marketplace coverage, and found several options that I could choose for my family.
- Get rid of marketplace coverage completely and go without any protection and just pay the penalty for not having healthcare.
- Lying about how much I make so I can qualify for free healthcare like millions of people do.
- Increase my deductible but I’ve already maxed out how big my deductible can be so that’s not going to work for me we did that last year and found her cells with over a 10,000 deductible.
- One of my friends mentioned a short term health insurance plan as a workaround and hopes that Obama care would go away and then we would get better health insurance in the future.
- Medi-share was an alternative to having benefits, and provider networks while participating in a benefits program and come to find out it saved us about $1000 dollars a month.
I hate that I even half to go outside the norm but it seems to me that managing and taking control of my own healthcare expenses is probably the right way to go so this year we’re going to do the medi-share plan + filler insurance plan.
SAVINGS TOTAL: $10,899.63 a year